Friday, April 21, 2017
Super easy recipe that comes together in 30 minutes or less! Everyone loved it and it's even better the next day
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 to 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1/2-inch pieces. To save time, precook these and freeze until ready to use.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas and diced carrots blend (I don't thaw and use straight from the freezer)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked rice (I use white, To save time use two 8.8-ounce pouches cooked and ready-to-serve rice)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper, optional and to taste
- To a large non-stick skillet or wok, add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon (allow oils and cooking juices from chicken to remain in skillet) and place chicken on a plate; set aside.
- Add the peas, carrots, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften, stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stir intermittently.
- Push vegetables to one side of the skillet, add the eggs to the other side, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary.
- Add the chicken, rice, evenly drizzle with soy sauce, optional salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until chicken is reheated through. Recipe is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 months. Reheat gently as desired.