Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Ham & Potato Bake

This is another comfort food from long ago that I just love. It also came from an old cookbook given to me by my grandmother, Eunice. She was an amazing country cook & I wish I had more of her recipes. That is why I started this blog. So one day, my girls & their children will have all of our family favorites, and the memories that go along with them, in one place.

This recipe is great with leftover ham. I always double it & add lots of extra cheese.

Ingredients:

4 cups sliced & boiled potatoes
2 medium carrots, shredded
1 1/2 cups fully cooked ham, cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or celery soup)
1 cup sharp American cheese, shredded (divided in half)
1/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice)
1 tablespoon butter (melted)

Directions:

Layer half the potatoes & half the carrots in a 2qt baking dish.
Stir together ham, mushroom soup, 1/2 cup of cheese, milk & pepper.
Pour half of the mixture over the potatoes & carrots.
Repeat layers.
Combine bread crumbs, 1/2 cup of cheese, & butter. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake uncovered at 350 until heated through, about 45 minutes.
Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment